Tuesday 3 May 2011

I've never been on a horse: I'm Jewish


So back to that week old kipper stinking day gig after 11 days of firsts, seconds and blasts from the past!



Wizzard fall into the old overrated and therefore underrated trap here at Chez Den. It doesn't help that you can't find a fellow Wizzard fan anywhere in S12! This one has had a re-listen and sounds like someone has mixed some polyfila on it but I'm bringing it to you folks in this tasty vid...no one does Spectoresque circa 1973 better than Roy Wood. Interestingly the flipside (You got the jump on me) is by Rick Price and is billed as Wizzard feat Vile Len and Rhino...it's a goody! Nice pic of Roy doing his best blonde Gene Simmons impression an' all!

Wizzard- Angel fingers



Dropping in on an oft- neglected corner of my collection and it's time for a turn down doo-wop street. I have some stuff by these harmonising dudes but not this hot circle which I discovered when youtube told me that I might like it- fanks youtube! Not to be confused with those indie dudes from the early '90's ?!




And now we zip forward to just 3 years ago and the Beach Boys apers The Explorers Club. I genuinely thought this tune was the Boys when I heard on the end of the credits of 'Bored to Death' the other night. Another pleasant surprise for ol' Dennychops.




And the just ref'd above 'Bored to Death' I urge you to sniff it out. It isn't 'a bit crap' as my brother described it. It's the buttons on the rat's spats!

No comments:

Post a Comment