Monday 30 May 2011

He puts his cigars out in your face for kicks- Boneshaker set 27/5/11

And so I stepped into the breach the other night to help out my friend Dan Sette at his new venture- Boneshaker. This was a low key event compared to the launch party and the next one in June featuring my Burly Q side- sharer- Cherryred but with the stakes low we hit it out of the park and the floor was pretty packed to a bizarro mixture of choons. I went for some good 60's soul/ RnB & Northern chucked in with the 50s remit. I probably stayed a little safe on some stuff, particularly early on, but most of the famous tunes hadn't had an outing from me in a long time...The evening was rounded off with a bit of the good ol' one on/ one off with the aforementioned Dan. Check out his blog/ download/ one on-one off set here. You can listen to my set below using the link...


Boneshaker solo set- 27/5/11

* Is a DJ debut!

John Zacherle "The cool ghoul"- Dinner with Drac Part 1
Rene Hall's Orchestra- Twitchy
Sam & Kitty- I've got something good
Solomon Burke- Maggie's farm
Laverne Baker- Batman to the rescue*
Ray Charles- I'm movin' on
The Kingsmen- The jolly green giant
Tom Waits- Union Square
Little Richard- Good golly Miss Molly
The Duals- Stick shift
Marv Johnson- Come on and stop
Chuck Berry- Club nitty gritty
Jo Anne Garrett- Get back
The Champs- Tequila*
Elvis Presley- Got a lot of livin' to do
Mr. Bonz- Bonzfire*
Wynonie Harris- Bloodshot eyes

So that's it for this little detour back into my DJ world. More Elvisarama next month along with a return to the traditional format of music/ film/ burlesque! TTFN.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete