Thursday 30 December 2010

Where can Jerry Lee be?


So this is actually my first post of 2011 despite what the man is telling ya. I bring back some cabaret along with the oft- heard cry of 'I can't believe I haven't blogged these before' tunes. Since Xmas I've been reading the rather slow-moving 'Craven House' by my fave depressive; disfigured; alcoholic- Patrick Hamilton. I've had a smorgasboard of French pop tunes running around my head this week so I bring to you the previously blogged Adele- C'est bon along with these two delights-



I snagged this on a cheapo LP recently that arrived in my parcel on Christmas eve. The rest is tripe but surprisingly for a French pop LP (my track record with them isn't good) I found this fuzz box track from future Disco bunny (and Chic collaborator) Shelia (later with B Devotion). No picture of the actual LP at the mo but check out this groovy clip from '70. Dig it kids with the beats that make you go gonk!

Sheilia- L'agent secret



This gal has got bangs that make you go umm. Heard this one many years ago but avoid the English language version like a pot of month old mussels. This is one of the few French pop sevens I've got and it appears to have been booted a couple of years ago in London along with a load of other modish sides and bubbles under for around 7/8 bar.



A curve ball for you after the French stuff with a good old girl from the states. This is sounding fresh as a daisy and is the lead-off from her upcoming Jack White produced LP. Whilst I was trying to put my brain through the tumble dryer after seeing her suck her finger provocatively on the dreaded Hootenanny the other I stumbled across this picture of her pulling a face and a finger move which is dangerously close to the schoolboy (well Westfield anyway...) sign for eating pussy. All this from a good Southern gal who once was reemed, steamed and dry- cleaned by Elvis Aaron Presley...




And so I watched this film the other night in my new 'den' Le Tournee featuring a smattering of the great and good of the US (NYC?) Burly Kew scene. First outta the traps is the greatly tagged 'Kitten on the keys' playing Den's new fave (and recently acquired instrument) the uke.

No comments:

Post a Comment