Thursday 13 January 2011

The Monkey's briefcase


So the days are spent in darkness in deepest, darkest Sheffield bobbing around to the lousy day gig and back to the crib. I learnt my fave phrase this week from WW2- SNAFU...it's an acronym folks that you should drop into your day to day convo. I'm clearly backing the packages this week on the blog with Etta, Bobbie & Dana along with the man mountain that is Nick Apollo (Forte) and a welcome return for Woody Allen. Keep those cab doors tuned in for more Den time over the coming weeks. It's where it's at...


First up with an unheard version of Get ready is Ella Fitzgerald. This is much better than I thought it would be. Yup she's hitching her waggon to the tunes of the day (albeit 3/4 years late) but she turns in a decent version that's worth getting the magnifying glass out for.




Another one on the never ending list of wants for D.I. I know nothin' about this gal other than she turns in a decent version of the Simon and Halfuncle track which I blogged a few months back. Again another one of the pop tunes spun at Wigan. Methinks that some of those Northern fans wanna lighten up and smell the roast...Nice snap of Dana with Sandie and Marianne, who is looking a little pregnant on this one...Maybe it's just the posture...





A welcome return for Bobbie...Back in the day 'Morning glory' meant more than being the title of being Oasis' second LP. There's another half- decent version of this lurking on an LP she did with Glen Campbell which I previously advised to avoid like the plague. I think this clip demonstrates that she can certainly manage well enough on her own without him and I did the right thing sending that one to the chazza. I love the way Bobbie plays guitar is if she can't be arsed...it's the Gibbons suitcase...!



So I had a rare night in on my Jack Jones and headed to the Woody Allen cupboard. A double bill of Whatever Works (not so good on the second view) and Broadway Danny Rose (gets better every time). This one is all about what happens when you eata too much...Take it away Lou!



No comments:

Post a Comment