Wednesday 4 August 2010

Slade in pain


Yup two things this week going down chez Den: Slade and pain. Less of the pain and more of the Slade along with my regular series of returnees. This week including the helmet-wearing Bob Log and NYC burlesker Nasty Canasta.



Another great out-of-reach burlesque performer who makes a welcome return here. You may remember that she did that great fan dance with the car alarms going off??? A nice twist on the old stripping in a champagne glass (I love those Greek key NYC take-away coffee cups- what's that all about??). And I always stand by the mantra that you gotta have big balls to be able to pull off wearing a sequined murkin so to speak...




I'll go out on a limb and say that Slade are the most underrated British band ever. Despite their chart success (6 number ones I think) they are dismissed as a glam rock fad. Anyway, less booshwash about the boys from Wolverhampton from me and more music should do the trick. This band craps from a great height on bands nodding to their influence (from the sublime to the ridiculous read Kiss to Oasis- yes you read that right!). I even have found a penchant for two bookend recordings to their career from '70 & '80. Take it away Nod. The less said Slade II the better...






And finally a welcome return for the man with the best schtik in the biz. I still haven't gotten over missing his return to Sheff last year even though I have seen him before 3 times this dude is worth sniffing out. He's the bomb. Great Hendrix homage as well on this US gig poster...



No comments:

Post a Comment