Saturday 31 July 2010

The snot that was blown around the world


It's gone C-R-A-Z-Y at chez Den of late with owt not nailed down heading to the trash can, charity shop or foisted onto unsuspecting relos. I was thinking 'bout the blog the other day and I may change the bent of things in the future but in the meantime lets keep it in the cross hairs.



I've dug this one out after snaffling in L.A. last summer and most was familiar but I'd forgot just how good the whole record is. Spoilt for choice peeps but I found this nice live clip for you lot. Great, intelligent pop- just the way it should be...and with teeth- not like most of that wet indie pap floating around in the bowl at the moment in S1. Kathleen Hanna also has a blog which you can find here. She is one fierce lady! I think I may have met her as a scared teen in '93 when Huggy Bear were doing that split LP with Bikini Kill and I went to an instore signing but I was too terrified to look any of 'em in the eye...





A welcome return to the man who sounds like he's been eatin' razor blades for breakfast and throwing anvils and other rag and bone detritus down a fire escape on his later recordings. Anyways, just picked this up in a 10 way trade and again had forgot how good it was. Fracture your tupee and box yo brains to Tom's ode to bachelorhoodism...




Curve ball time from Den (apologies for the muddy sound but there were no other decent clips on the tube). Usually I avoid Cuban stuff like the plague (never trust a Northener who claims to like Cuban music...they are cut from the same cloth as those drones who drink in Irish theme bars)...anyway I dunno what El Watusi is all about but it grills my meat and time of the week.




With an Uncle of the calibre of Prince Phillip you'd think that Louise Cordet would have a nice line of banter inbetween the songs during her gigs. Who knows what went on at them. I guess she didnt have much time to flap the gums appearing 10th on the bill at the Ipswich Gaumont for all five minutes without a proper hit to her name. Check out her version of Mary Wells' "Two Lovers" for more shits and giggles...


No comments:

Post a Comment