Tuesday 10 August 2010

Den Iniquity Entertains Our Nation!

So I bring you more, more, more (how do you like it?) this week from the idea box of one Den I. Just read a great book about Odeon cinema's which has made me even more intent on building that time machine. Anyways, time machine time now with Wings(!), Lipstick on your collar and Truly Smith. Take it away, I wanna hear you play 'til the lights go down (?!)


Forever bringing to mind those spit-roastin', over-paid, under-performing, badge-kissing, six-figure per week 'sportsmen' this tune has been a perennial fave at Chez Den, first cropping up on 'The Girls Scene' CD in 2000 and later snagged in a Chez Chazza for 50p. In addition to the oddly named Truly we have a couple of other Motown covers one of which being Den's fave 'I want to go back there again'. I dig this gal's shit but her moves really do need checking at the door. Also, is it me but at the start of the 'I want to back' vid it looks like her name is 'Ruly Smith' at the back of the stage...And one final thing great name and two haircuts for the price of one...!





It really does not get any better than this combo of Dennis Potter/ Louise Germaine & The Platters. Just out of shot is Sylvia's copacetic usherette uniform...




Nice late-period Macca/ Wings with a riff that Franz Ferdinand would nick and a T-shirt that Den would also steel. Name checking the soon to be vacationing spot of Scarborough, NY Macca does the business in unlikely circs...However, never good to hear a fake crowd or the sight of Linda Mc rocking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment