Wednesday 21 July 2010

I've got a snapshot of your Aunt Maureen


It's all hard yacker at Chez Den at the mo with much decorating in the midst. I've been out to Salford to the High Tease and witnessed some great (and some not so great) burlesque acts and be annoyed by a bunch of knicker-wetting teeny-boppers who were out having their first legal drinks. And boy did they drink and yack and yack and yack. Anyway, I bring to you my usual booshwash, hot little mice and eyeball pleasers. Take it down, Padres.



I was dwelling on this the other day that I don't often return to the depths of Densville with my posts bombarding you poor web fiends with a slew of new stuff each time. Anyhow, I return to Germany and 1998 with the fantastic Hamburg-based Mobylettes (long since split I discovered this week). I can't get enough of these gals even going as far to buy the mp3 of their second LP 'Catch as catch can' available here v.v.cheap. A hell of a lot better than they really ought to be I can't get enough of 'em. This is a perfect slice of sixties-inspired girl pop! I just can't get my biscuit snatchers on any of their platters...the German version of "I'll never fall in love again' will follow at some point the future, peeps.




I really can't get enough of Russ and Ron and after snagging 'Whomp that sucker' (best LP title ever??) I bring to you a ravenous audience lapping up a red boiler- suited Sparks c1975. Is he struggling with those high notes??? Who gives a fig!


And here we have an instrumental from a convicted murderer. The Peter Sutcliffe R 'n' B combo bring you "Torpedo Rock" from c1964....

Only kidding folks it's everybody's favourite nut-job Phil Spector!




Recently spied at Burly Q Gypsy Charms brings a touch of class to this Dietrich tribute that knocked my socks off. I've seen others attempt to 'do' Dietrich that have been more car crash than anything resembling the class displayed by this Edinburgh beauty. I gave her a cracker that was out of date as well...though that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment