Saturday 6 June 2009

Technology is a bitch

It's been a week or two but I'm back with treats- blue eyed soul, Dexter & some douche-bag with fake eyebrows whose been in a long running series of terrible ad's that they show at the flicks. More soon......




Another one for the pop loving northern fans out there! Am I the only one? I never realised this was a British cover version of a Shelly Fabares track. Yeah, this ain't no down home soul track to eat grits to but according to this like Helen Shapiro she was a Jewish teenager from North London. I'm gonna have a head scratch to think up another one of these for next week...





OK, keeping with the blue eyed soul theme here's more for your tabs. Len Barry has a raft of fantastic plastic under his belt but is pretty much undervalued. This is a particularly good one found buried on the "My kind of soul" album. I snatched this up back in the day when you could get good sides in charity shops. For good measure i've also got The Young Rascals who I find it hard to warm to. Yup, there's some good sides but I don't know much about these schlubs. They were pretty hot stuff over the pond but over here...zip. Marvin Gaye pulls off a tidy version of "Groovin'" which I'll stick up some point down the road...Another one for you fact fans...The Marvelettes chose "Too many fish in the sea" over that out of date kipper that is "Where did our love go" by The Supremes...nice move gals.











As regular readers will know Den's pad is hardly tuned into what's hot on the one-eyed lodger, usually picking up on stuff way after all the hysteria and brew ha-ha has fizzled out. Case in point= Dexter. I've almost gorged down the first season and subequently stuck with Jennifer Carpenter as my wallpaper for the last few weeks before she was rudely elbowed out by long-term fave Audrey Tautou. Anyway, two episodes to go....I don't care about the ice-truck geek- I just hope "Morgan" gets out fully operational...though I think a stint back in uniform wouldn't do her any harm!




Just watched this guy's show reel- looks pretty good. Apparently this is that balding ginger bloke from the gag-free Orange TV ads...but don't let that put you off too much... I particularly dug the bit that went something like this...

"My son calls himself a DJ...I call him a loathsome p,p,piece of filth"...



No comments:

Post a Comment