Saturday 30 May 2009

Hot days, hot circles, but over cooked ham and eggs

So I've been out buying and eating disappointing ham and eggs. Can you dig it?


First up is the Helen Shapiro track that I rambled about last time when I was talking about Earl Okin. I'll be damned if that ain't him playing the axe at the start...This was her last single and features on the great CD "British Soul Vol.1". Any copies on hot circles have long since been out of Den's reach...Nice pic cribbed from the web of Helen without that daft bee-hive do she was famous for...




I found time to meet my side dealer last Saturday and whilst eating a rather disappointing plate of ham and eggs I looked over some circles. I was drawn in by the title of this one...and yes it is the Wolf Man making a guest appearance on here. I don't know what to make of that Rundgren fellow but with this and "Bang on my drum" I can't help like the cut of his jib.




Den's always had a soft spot for those crazy anglo-philes Sparks since first seeing them TOTP2 back in early nineties. The guy with the Hitler tache on the moth box giving this 14 year old the shits and giggles. This one has been on the shelf for a long time but Den particularly has a soft spot for this track and it's "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie" part. It's the most burnt track on the follow up to "Kimino my house"- "Propaganda" which has a great cover. As an extra here's the video for the best title and video of last year- "Lighten up Morrissey". You'd think at the age of 50 he might have...come on Mozza...





Den has snaffled up some DVDs this week whilst being home alone including flicks from about ten years hence. "Your friends & neighbors" by Neil LaBute was a big fave back in those fuzzy Uni days and I finally got to watch it again now I've hooked up the new DVD player. Don't expect any nice guys in this one- these guys are universally a bunch of rotters, well maybe not Aaron Eckhart and his funky top lip fuzz...




Another one from my night out at the Ida Barr show the other week- Spymonkey. I thought these may be a bit on the naff side and whilst their circus tomfoolery may not be to everyone's taste the Joan of Arc routine was a side splitter. I was particularly fond of the little bald one who looked like a small version of Bernard Breslaw. Watch out these fellas ain't shy when it comes to ditching the threads...Toodle-ooo, just remember if you see 'em avoid the front row...!



No comments:

Post a Comment