Monday 28 June 2010

There's them there snakes in the long grass


Whilst the vultures circle and the mercury rises Den finds himself sat in the garden reading (I should have stayed there instead of watching those red shirted chumps) and over-eating and drinking on the Thompson's birthdays. And so we're on to Burly Q on Saturday and you really ought to be there if you're in town.



A little different from my usual fare but this is my blog so I don't give a fig. My lovely Mrs. bought me this LP for my recent birthday and a combo of the great tune, the lovely Zooey and the great moves in this vid has ensured it's been a head worm all week for Den. The first time I heard it was if I'd heard it so many times before. Great tune!




Vincent Casell as Mesrine what can I say? Kermode hits the nail right on the head with this film. I ain't watched part two yet but I don't usually buy into the TV booshwash about flicks but Kermode is spot on with this one. Cassell also sports (is it a fake?) rather fetching slug on his top lip as he delivers what Kermode calls the film that 'Public Enemies' should have been. Looks like Ludivine Sagnier is in part two...glory be!




Is it wrong to have a crush on a comic book character? Nah! Well Mina kept me company all weekend so I have to let her into my corner of the net. I still daren't watch the film version though so it's on to my Joe DiMaggio biog before 'The black dossier' arrives...This is perhaps my fave of all Alan Moore's super-uper-duper comic books. Now if I could get my hands on a copy of 'Lost girls'....

No comments:

Post a Comment