Friday 4 June 2010

Birth of the Octopi!


More journeys into the unknown this week from chez Den (Scunthorpe this time...) coupled with a visit to the Lowry to see the ever-good Frisky & Mannish (previously blogged 'ere). I've convinced my squeeze to watch another French flick that had been lurking on the hard drive for months which was the bees knees (those Frenchies seem to be able to churn out the flicks with much more class than the mockney gangster cack that keeps tricklin' down the leg of British cinema...don't even get me started on Danny D**r. Anyway, a couple more rag- bag tunes that have popped into the idea box this week along with the loverly Amelie Soleil...future star of Burly Q on July 3 (tickets available here)



More bonkers fun from the greatly under-rated 80's beacon-shiners XTC in their never bettered 60's alter-ego the Dukes of Stratosphear...I dig the bonkers WW1 vibe!




It never ceases to surprise me how you can find good stuff lurking out there. This would have seriously fried my wig as a teeny-bopper with so much stuff available (I can barely keep up now...I really need to jack in the stinking day-gig). This is a Swedish (Methinks) pop singer's take on the great track by Carole King. The orig has been doin' the rounds in my world since '98 but this version may just top it...judge for yo'selves peeps.





Great flick that whizzed by and didnt outstay it's welcome. Perfectly demonstrating just how messed up those teenage gal's can be...

Water lillies trailer


Possibly one of the best promo shots I've seen in a long time of the loverley Amelie Soleil who is due to land at Burly Q in July. Fantastic burlesque that uses a prop that no-one else is ever gonna try and copy...can't wait to see this act for real!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness me! Thank you for the lovely appraisal, I'm very much looking forward to Saturday
    Amelie x

    ReplyDelete