Sunday 20 June 2010

I got another heartbreaker on my hands


It's been heating up in Denville and a pit-stop at El Jackster's was greatly appreciated along with the Haggis flavoured crisps, which, on reflection I probably could have lived without. I've got a couple of goodies for you this week with deep digging in the vaults alongside some brand new stuff as new to me as I think it will be to you.


I was talkin' this one up at the aforementioned party with a fellow fan of Gene's. I've had this for a good few years from my side-dealer who used to use the Banda printer (no-one knows what these are other than me and Mark) and Gene sports a nice sweater on the cover. Gene's best side...possibly? He could look a little bit more excited about things tho!





I know absolutely zip about these guys other than they appear to be providing some music to a flick from the 60's. Great tune with a pretty stupid title if you ask me.

Los Beatniks- Tampic twist



It's been a while since I dipped my toes in the 'eat-it's-self-alive' world of Northern soul. I've had this one a good for you years without giving it much attention. Nice to have a good female duo from the sixties. I can't think of any others. Probably a good job this one wasn't on Motown other wise Berry may have been requesting a duo of a different kind from these gals!




This is another memory of my teenage years. Along with 'Midnight Cowboy' and 'Here we go round the mullberry bush' these are films that make me think of '94/ '95 and watching them with Den Snr. So I was chewing the booshwash with Paul the other night about this one and so I went on to watch it. I'd forgot just how ahead of it's time/ sad this flick truly is. That said- I wanna go! Roman world please!! Here we have a 'making of' for ya which ain't on my vanilla US DVD. I'm told that this is the first flick to use 'pixalisation'...there is a literal pixalated mare in this flick (term of enderement used by Grandpa Iniquity!)



No comments:

Post a Comment