Friday 7 May 2010

Playing bedwarmer


There's been a lot spilling from the ol' pie chopper recently and maybe one or two too many of the pies an' all. So I've got some more platters for ya from the good ol' tube with a bit of Elvis 70's style- glam, crap novelty records, a welcome return for Dino (just reading the Tosches biog) and the puppet master that is Leggy Pee (great moniker, gal!)



First outta the traps is perhaps the ugliest bunch of mugs this side of Uggville. The guy with the girls hair and earrings kills me. I have this fantasy Elvis Lp where he records some stuff from the seventies...this is one 'em. These munters are coming up on the rails in Chez Den...

Mud- Rocket



I make no apologies for this stinker of a tune. I recently DJ'd at a dance- craze themed night which featured novelty sides a go-go but thankfully not this one. It's worth watching to see Ted's huge arms flapping in the breeze. This guy's got mits like a wicket-keepers gloves! I wonder what 'Wesley' is like...then again, mebbe not.



The mid-60's Dino is unfairly dissed by Tosches and even the early 80's had it's ups in Den's book...(I admit it- I love Cannonball Run...! it ain't no sin to take your skin off and dance around in your bones...!). Anyway, Den's sibling has this side tucked away in the attic and I tried to find the ever elusive 'Shades' but no dice so hear Dean do Motown people...




A great stage name and Leggy pulling off the difficult trick of making something hard look easy. I'm never sure if the folks get it tho as they fall into the trap of thinking that she's just trotting out some bilge. Judge for yourselves but I like it!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice words about Leggy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! What can I say? I dig it. Keep up the good work Leggy, hope to catch your show soon

    ReplyDelete