Friday 5 March 2010

Ketchup


So it was time for a long weekend and catching up with a plethora of dudes not seen for many a day. Whilst in the midst of the dead soldiers and blur of the night before I pored over my first article in print and flitted back to '95 with a couple of tunes that I first dug out back then...that and a hoot fest from Bernard Manning...how often can you say that?! No burlesque again this week but I ain't got owt that knocked me out so I wasn't gonna retread the same old hooey like some folks do...



So Kippington Lodge became Brinsley Schwarz and then Nick Lowe became that slightly tedious occasional side-kick to Elvis Costello. Twee as they come but never the less how British can you get...On another note I had a dream the other night that Elvis C did a duet with Susan Boyle. At least I think it was a dream!

Kippington Lodge- Shy boy



Never used to really appreciate this side for many a year, giving the v. sim 'Love loves to love love' much more TLC. I recently picked this one outta the gutter at Chez flea and myself and occasional sidekick, Cherryred, have been known to dust it down of late. Great clip!


I can't bear to paste a picture of this over-weight dead guy so I'll let the clip do the talkin'. I'm mumchanced by where this came from but I'm guessing some comedy show from the '90's. Shits and giggles time folks! You can tell he ain't ever heard the origs' as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment