Sunday 7 March 2010

Honey drizzled bagels, Disappointing red wine and a minefield of options...oh yeah and some black face


So Densville is Fat City this week- with a bunch o' fem- vox to keep you company. Sandy Posey & The Crystals apparently being two of Mozza's fave slabs to get down (read: depressed) to. I recently managed to snarf up The Crystals side (the flip of the Gene Pitney penned 'Uptown') from one of my side shifters in the US. Tawney Reed is someone I know zip about, but features on a cheapo costly disc over on the amazon whose title escapes me at the mo- she's from blighty tho...Remember folks our good friends at Zamzar can ream, steam and dry- clean ya: so make the most of the youtube.






Tawney Reed- I got a feeling






And so to the end and some burly for the first time in a looong time. Maybe I'm getting complacent or lazy, I dunno; but having seen so many pairs of tassled tits and half-baked 'doyennes' murdering obvious show tunes the future has to be something that makes you think (and it will never be a load of catdogs stripping to Harlem Nocturne). Anyway, soap box is now in't skip so we have a guy; In black face; Singing; A song from Oliver; I ain't a fan of Max Raabe (bad memories, Denettes!) but the whole act is an act of genius. Like or loathe, this ain't no Al Jolson hark-back. Dig it folks! On another note, you've gotta love that shot of Joe- it's like DIY time at Chez den!



No comments:

Post a Comment