Saturday 27 February 2010

Posh curry, Guinness & irons in the fire

Plenty mo good stuff for you guys and gals this week with the all featured debuting on this corner of the web! TTFN


Just discovered this one lurking out there and it reminded me of 'Tobacco Road'...dontcha think? Great tune...check out the square at the back: I bet he was the one with all the good equipment so they let him in the band...

Blues Magoos- We ain't got nothin' yet



If only there were more pro- tobacco songs out there...I'm sure you could put together a great compilation album. I know of 'Smoke, smoke, smoke' by that C & W guy but not much else. In my twisted geek mind there's a big band Al Bowlly track called 'Sniff that snuff' along with a whole cart load of British fag related tunes. Surely you've heard Vera Lynn sing 'Suck on that little white stick' ? Until I find that one down Ducketts Passage; chew on some baccy!





I surprised myself when my twitchy eye nearly dropped in my cup of Joe with this one. I was listening to a version of this by The Pale Saints (remember them?) and then saw that Nancy did the orig. Anyhow, she hasn't been blogged before: which is a crying shame. Gotta track this one down now!! BTW I don't have a fig what is goin' in the pic I found?!

Nancy Sinatra- Kinky love



I grew up in the age that thought Steve Martin was just an unfunny white haired buffoon who appeared in bilge-like flicks such as 'Father of the bride'. I only found it he used to be a stand- up late in the day. And whilst this gets nowhere near to bustin' yo sides it's still worth a view to see him friggin' about...And for a nice little bonus we have the guy who resembled my old college lecturer (that seemed hilarious back in '95) jammin' with Kermit!




No comments:

Post a Comment