Friday 20 December 2013

British Soul Volume 3, Part 3

First up I have to admit that I cannot remember when I first heard about this tune. I was chewing the boosh last night and how I came to be aware of Bill Oddie's stab at a beat ballad is a complete loss to me. I really wanted to hate this tune as I expected it be a terrible comedy record from the famously grumpy Oddie (for any non- UK readers check out his Wikipedia page). And so what is it like? It reminds me of the fabulous 'Where I'm gonna find her' by Mark Loyd (as featured on British Soul Vol 2) and builds to rousing ending with the cool delivery from Bill of 'You're not to blame baby' ! Possibly too slow and ahead of it's time to get spins at Wigan during the daft years I doubt that anyone has had the brass neck to play this prime slice of vinyl. I would if I could but it joins the other 2 previous entries as having no known reissue/ boot so the only option is an original which in theory should be a cheapie. So it's hats off to Bill and his SELF PENNED! beat ballad monster!




Bill Oddie- I  can't get through

No comments:

Post a Comment