Tuesday 31 December 2013

British Soul Vol. 3, Part 5

The final post of 2013; I'm not going to do a rundown of the year (that'll come later) but carry on with part 5 of the series that has kick-started my blog back in to my corner of the web after another fallow year.

I have to fess up that this is a new one on me that I found whilst researching for some more trax for this compilation. I thought I had pretty much run the well dry with Tom with pretty much all of his LP's and 7"s on Decca passing through my collection over the years. I have said this before but I am baffled by how anyone may have had the chutzpah to spin this at a Northern night ( and I understand they have!). I mean there is no way you can cover up Tom Jones' voice! This I kinda like in that the tune was played on it's own merit of being a good tune (maybe not the 'Delilah' trumpet parping away in the background) and I'm sure would be much more at home on the floors of Antwerp or Eindhoven than in the North of England (more on those crazy popcorn peeps at a later date). And so here is another addition to the Tom canon...now to find one of these bad boys: Are charity shops open on New Years Day?



No comments:

Post a Comment