Tuesday 2 August 2011

Boneshaker guest spot July 22nd 2011

It was a messy night but one of the best nights DJ'ing in a long time. All rounded off with some hooch that tasted like fairy liquid and a cafe creme cigar! My whole solo set can be downloaded via the Boneshaker website here. No links to youtube today but I think this weeks link is even better. Keep your ears peeled for the opening track.- I'm sure someone says 'Smokin' as it starts! As always a * indicates a debut for D.I.

Solo set

Jack Starr- Chicken
Johnny Kidd & The Pirates- Growl!
Ernie Maresco- Shout! Shout! Shout!
The Showmen- It will stand*
Big Joe Turner- Honey hush
Dr. Feelgood- Dr. Feelgood
Big Mama Thornton- I smell a rat*
Wanda Jackson- Mean, mean man
The Frogmen- Underwater
Michael Cox- Too hot to handle*
Carl Perkins- Wrong yo-yo
Buddy Holly- Brown eyed handsome man
Chuck Berry- Dear Dad*
Laverne Baker- Hey Memphis
Elvis Presley- Good rockin' tonight*
Arthur 'Big boy' Crudup- That's alright Mama*
Wynonie Harris- Quiet whiskey
Bobby Wall- Baby, it's too much
Billy La Mont- Country boy*
The Great Gaylord- Squat with me baby*

The one on/ one off section-

Barrett Strong- Money
Screamin' Jay Hawkins- Frenzy*
Thurston Harris- Itty bitty pretty one
Mike Pedicin- Burnt toast and black coffee
Sam & Kitty- I've got something good
The Emperors- Karate
The Big Bopper- Chantilly lace
Huey 'Piano Smith'- Don't you just know it
Elvis Presley- Hound dog
Tony & Joe- The freeze
Screaming Jay Hawkins- I put a spell on you (alt. version)
Hank Mizell- Jungle rock
Janis Martin- My boy Elvis
Big Joe Turner- Lipstick, powder and paint
Johnny Kidd & The Pirates- Shakin' all over
Joe Tex- I wanna be free
Elvis Presley- Promised land
Ricky Nelson- It's late
Jan & Dean- Surf city

No comments:

Post a Comment