Tuesday 29 March 2011

Happy hunting all you live wires


Got the blues this week what with the BQ comedown...So we have a repost from Slade; Walken dancing his ass off; and two nice northern sides. What more could you want???



Crazy alt. 'Screaming Lord Sutch' type lyrics on this great Slade track from the LP/ film 'Slade in Flame'. This is a repost from last year's April blog but you get to see Noddy Holder singing in a coffin this time around...

Slade- This girl



The 'Pennies from heaven' hangover continues this week with Walken's turn as the pimp. Happy Birthday Christopher! You got some moves Mr.




I've been listening to a lot of Northern Soul these last few weeks. I dunno why I always find myself coming back to it but I do! These two are my fave raves at the mo. Bobby 'Blue' Bland is blowing my mind at the mo (check 'I pity the fool' and 'Turn on your love light' for more raves) and Sidney Barnes is cutting a very non- Red Bird release that is rarer than a Tory apology!


No comments:

Post a Comment