Thursday 23 January 2014

British Soul, Vol 3, Part 7

I can't think of another sixties act that is reviled as Lulu. Maybe it's the annoying bursts into song, the link-up with Take That in the '90's, 'Boom bang a bang', or her acting skills in 'To Sir with love' but this woman really grinds my gears and it took me a looong time to get over this and dig deeper beyond 'The boat that I row' and 'Love loves to love love' (all Hip Hugger spins back in '95 trainspotters!).

Following the dusting down of a few other choice b's this one really snuck up on me after a view on Youtube. This was about 3 years ago and I snagged a copy just before the Yule- just in time to find the original version by Patti Austin. I don't think there's a fag paper between the two versions and the aforementioned Glaswegian edges it for me. Take her away, sorry...take IT away...




Lulu- Leave a little love

* Previously blogged under the title 'Secret lemonade quaffing' folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment